View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 03:57 PM

tickets

In Febuary 2004 I was let off a 98 in a 75 with a verbal warning near Belen NM. I had just bought the 300e and did not realize I was going that fast. If you are polite and literate, and calm, don't argue, and treat the cop with the respect deserved by someone who gets shot at, you have a chance of pulling this off.

I got another ticket on the Sandia resevation. I was not speeding, and fought it in court. I used to work in a court, and had some clue as to what I was doing. I did discovery, prepared my case, and was ready to go. By the time I walked out of the courtroom, I had picked the police department to pieces, made the cop look incompetent, and had reduced her to the point of tears. Case dismissed. I'll never forget the looks I got from the other cops, and the other people in the courtroom.

Another time, I got a ticket for driving very fast in my Pantera between Las Cruces and T or C. I talked my way out of reckless driving (The cop was the only other vehicle on the road) I pleaded not guilty, and rescheduled my court date 4 times, and when I finally made it to court almost 2 years later, the cop didn't show. The judge was not happy about letting me off the hook for total disregard for the posted speed limit, but he had no choice.

Over the years, I've gotten off more tickets than I can count. The secret is to have a strategy for speeding, and a strategy for when you get pulled over, and a strategy for what to do if you do get a ticket.

FWIW, I never drive fast in town, or if there's other traffic. If I kill someone, It's only going to be little ol` me.