View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 04:51 PM

Problems With 210 Rear Camber Need Help

Hello Folks, Just had a rear tire go down on my 1999 E55 AMG. My wife noticed just the day before that the rear tires were shot. And like most guys I listened really well. Needless to say the inside of both tires are gone. I mean horribly worn down to below the steel. I know enough to know that this problem is due to the alignment on the car needing to be changed. Here is my problem....and I would love some replies if you have a car with the same specs. My car has 19" Carrs all around and has had Eibach springs installed all around. All this was done before I got it so I don't know exactly how far it is lowered but I think it is the basic kit since the springs are black. The car sits great with just a tad of rise in the rear but you can tell from standing behind the car that it has too much negative camber. Now here is my problem. Do I go ahead and buy tires of the same size again ( the car handled great and drove straight with no rubbing) Only the extreme inside tire wear is the problem. I need to know if the rear camber on the car is able to adjust to compensate for the lowering change. ( Where should a stock AMG sit in ride height?). If not does someone make rods to maximize the adjustment for the 210's. I love the way the car looks and rides now. But if you install new rods and get the tires sitting straighter (that's what I am after less wear) will that only affect pulling the tire in at the bottom or will it also push the tire out at the top a bit where I might have fender rub...I would love to stay with this set up it has now it I can correct the tire wear. But if I have to go back with factory height springs and change wheels I need to know that before I purchase the tires. I guess I really need to know if anyone out there has had dealings with a 210 with 19's that was able to get moderate tire wear with good spec camber. Thanks for all your help. You guys are always the best. Steve especially has been a lifesaver time and time again. Happy New Year.