View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 03:07 PM
Patriotic Scoundrel

My '87 SDL is my daily driver, or sometimes my wife's. We trade off on the '97 F350 and the SDL. The MB gets better milage and I drive more often than she so it's usually me that drives the MB.
We've had the MB for about three years now and we both love it. We live in a small town in the California desert, about 2.5 hours away from the nearest bigger town (read MB dealer) so I end up doing all the work on all the cars. I've been doing that since high school though since I could never afford to have someone fix my car. Now I guess I could afford it but I've never been happy with any service I've had done. I always have to end up going in and "re-fixing" it or fixing something that the mechanic broke. I'm still learning on the MB as time goes by. It's very friendly to work on; the swearing to bolt removal ratio is much lower than other cars I've owned (isuzus and chevys) and there seems to be less blood from scraped and smashed fingers and knuckles, although this worries me at times as I've always been a big believer in providing blood sacrifice to the car mechanic gods.
Hopefully this next year I'll have more time to work on some of the other vehicles I've got and the Benz as well. Probably not though, with full time job and 2 kids with another on the way, but we'll see. I don't know what I'd do with the Benz without this forum and the maintenance CDs. Thanks much to you all and keep wrenching and posting.

Matt.