View Single Post
Old 01-09-2005, 02:10 PM

W124 ACM brand Evaporator core $200 delv.

My 500E has had chronic A/C problems almost for as long as the car has been in service. Last year I took the car to the shop and had the Evap Core redone but it soon was not working again. I took it back and they said that it was the high/low switch. 2 weeks later its not working again. Took it back an they said it was the Core again. Said that since supplied my own core, that I would basically have to pay all cost all over again. Meanwhile my 400E also needed a core. Regardless of whose fault it was for the core failing, I got so pissed hat I did the job on my 400E myself. I was hoping that they would give me a break on the 1st car cause I told them that they would have 2 AC jobs if they treated me decently on the first. Any who after completing the job on the 400E I then purchases another Evap. core for the 500E....Then I got to thinking. If it was the core, I still had the warranty, why not just wait a year or so and have Wynn pay to have it done again. After all the shops warranty would have only been a year anyway. And so I did. I decided to go to another shop. They could NOT detect a leak for 48 hours specifically at the Evap core. I repeat, they siad that they could NOT detect a leak at the evap. core. Now you see why I got pissed off at the 1st shop huh? Long story short, whether or not I ever needed a core is a moot point. I got one installed and all of the vacuum elements and now have no worries for the next 10 years. The chronic problem was caused by a pin hole in the main A/C hose($800+) Anyway Now I have this new ACM Evap core for sale for anyone who has a diagnosed need for a core. Its $200 delivered to the Conti US.

Albert
aldedmon@yahoo.com

Last edited by aldedmon; 02-24-2005 at 12:00 AM.