View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 08:12 PM
BioDiesel Hopeful

Biodiesel costs me somewhere between .50 cents and 2.50$ depending on where I get it. Commercial B100 around here is a hair over 3.00 a gallon.

Yes, aklim, we know that it is more expensive per gallon than regular diesel. But regular diesel is more expensive than gasoline, so what are you even doing on this board? Oh, well I guess there is more to a fuel choice than its pump cost. Prices of biodiesel are on there way down. You've only given the tax incentive program 11 days.

The thickness of your wallet today is not the only qualifier for fuels. One theory in conservation is that conserving resources today is cheaper than the resulting problems from running out too early. Your wallet tommorow will thank the decision your wallet today made. As a nation, the costs of increased CO2 output will be tremendous.

And I'm not the only one who thinks this, many large companies and agricultural customers are using biodiesel blends for its engine benefits and sustainability. Plus, it helps put some weight behind those patriotic bumperstickers that are so common.

Peace,
Sam

1982 300TD Astral Silver w/ 250k (BIO BNZ)
2001 Aprilia SR50 Corsa Red w/ 5.5k (>100 MPG)