Thread: Cam Replacement
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2001, 11:23 PM
Gilly's Avatar
Gilly Gilly is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Evansville WI
Posts: 9,616
EEwwww!!! Well, I didn't really want to get into a discussion on BMW's, still trying to forget!!! Yeah, I believe a 84 318i would be mechanical, as would the 320 and 325. The term "lifter" is more associated with a pushrod engine. On a O'head cam engine, it would be more appropriate to use the term "mechanically adjusted" or "Auomatically or hydraulically adjusted" valves, but again, it is the valve gear or mechanism that is being adjusted, not really the valves themselves....Gilly
Reply With Quote