View Single Post
Old 01-14-2005, 11:11 PM
I LOVE BRUNETTES

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.E.Haiges
Hit Man X,

Would you please explain how a dirty fuel filter can do damage to the engine since as a fuel filter becomes loaded with dirt particles , it blocks smaller and smaller particles up to the point where it will not pass the fuel molecules.

Why don't you change the Tansmission filter each time you change the transmission fluid?

P E H

Where did I say it would do damage? That's right I did not. Do not put words in my mouth. I was making a statement regarding your statement "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I see no reason to let the filters get so plugged to the point where they hamper performance or not allow the vehicle to get out of it's own way. Heck, the main inline filter is less than $2. Problems arise when you do not counter them before they occur.

Why about the trans filter? Well... trans filters by their nature are nothing more than a screen for the valve body to prevent metal filings (pretty normal) from plugging/jamming the valve body from performing it's normal functions. So when you turn your vehicle off all the metal drops to the bottom of the pan anyway. Run the vehicle for about 5 min then flip it off. Simply drain the pan and converter, then refill.

Do what ya want... I have a 190K mi 1996 LS400 that's my mothers that I do this sort of PM to and it runs like a top. Will I stop? Certainly not.

'85 300SD 245k
'87 300SDL 251k
'90 300SEL 326k

Six others from BMW, GM, and Ford.

Liberty will not descend to a people; a people must raise themselves to liberty.
[/IMG]