View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005, 07:28 PM
webwench

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolebludger
webwench:

The last time I was single I was 40. Sure, I dated a few 23 year olds and a few nitwits of various ages, and out of disgust for these types developed a couple of policies. First was the policy against my dating "20 somethings." I called it my "no trainee" policy. Second was my "no incompetents" policy. Women who did not have some sort of career going for them and who did not live in a presentable place and drive presentable cars were out! She didn't have to be a CEO or live in a mansion or drive a Ferrari or anything like that, but just presentable. IMO, guys who do what your initial post says they are doing are getting into a real "high maintanence" situation, and I don't think they will like it in the long run.

Thanks,
Richard
I'm completely with you and have similar rules. You know, if a man reaches my age and doesn't have some sort of a career and a home of his own, I have a hard time taking him seriously or imagining him to be a responsible person. It's not about his income or his car or the size of his house, it's about demonstrated responsibility, stability, sanity, and showing some sort of capacity to be a partner.