View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 08:14 PM
1995 E320 SE

Angry Turanza LSH SUCKS in the snow!

Turanza LSH SUCKS in the snow!

I switched based on advice from Luke, but right now I wish I had purchased the Michelin MXV4s, even if they are French tires.

I changed from the Michelin MXV4 Energy Plus. The Michelins were not great in the rain, BUT they were quieter and more comfortable on the highway and now I know that they were MUCH better in light snow. I wasn’t expecting a miracle from the "All Season" Turanza, BUT these thing really SUCK in the snow.They are absolutely HORRIBLE!

I liked them in the rain, BUT these things SUCK in the snow. They are absolutely HORRIBLE!

I could tell they were just a little tiny bit firmer, noisier, and less comfortable than the Michelin MXV4s, BUT they SUCK in the snow. I was happy with the improved rain performance, BUT these tires lose in every other category. I even had my wife get some for her rather new Honda Accord. Her car was awesome in the snow with the Michelin MXV4s, BUT the Turanzas SUCK on her car in an inch of snow. They are absolutely HORRIBLE!

I have real snow tires on my OEM rims and I am going to let my wife have them mounted on her car tomorrow. I am going to live with my mistake for now and just use my wife’s car when it snows. I was OK with the Michelins, especially when they were brand new, BUT these Turanza LSH tires SUCK in the snow, even though they only have about 1000 miles on them. They are absolutely HORRIBLE!

I can’t believe how bad these Turanza LSH tires SUCK in the snow! They are absolutely HORRIBLE!

I will NEVER buy another Turanza tire AS LONG AS I LIVE!

I have very nice AMG rims and I hate to switch to my OEM Special Edition wheels with the snow tires. In the past, I was fine in the winter with newer Michelin MXV4s on my AMG rims, BUT not I am SCREWED with these absolutely HORRIBLE Turanza LSH tires. Turanza LSH SUCKS in the snow! They are absolutely HORRIBLE!

I wish I had my michelin MXV4 tires right now!

I think it might be like always going back to that same bad relationship with an ex girlfriend.
You feel you love them too much, or you are just too stupid to know any better.

Flickr slideshow of my 1995 E320
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24145497@N06/sets/72157616572140057/

Last edited by ksing44; 01-19-2005 at 08:39 PM. Reason: They are absolutely HORRIBLE!