View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksing44
Turanza LSH SUCKS in the snow!

I switched based on advice from Luke, but right now I wish I had purchased the Michelin MXV4s, even if they are French tires.
Hello ksing44,

Sorry to hear of your troubles with the Turanza LS-H. I am somewhat confused about your comments (not doubting them) given positive comments about the tire's performance in light snow. This evening I drove through one-inch of snow with ice underneath on 205/60HR15 Turanza LS-H tires and stock 15-inch wheels -- no slipping so long as the low-traction button was engaged from a stop.

Wild speculation without hard evidence: I wonder if your 205 profile tires are stretched too thin on the 7,5-inch wheels for stock inflation, resulting in not enough sidewall flex but higher pressures once the tire has warmed up. You might be able to increase traction by reducing tire pressure a bit (at your own risk). I would bounce the idea off Luke before giving it a spin.

--DM

PS - Understood that you did not have this problem with the previous MXV4+ tires. My recommendation just makes the tires usable this winter, if it works.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 01-19-2005 at 11:58 PM.