View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 06:55 PM

Thanks Old300D and R.W. Thomas, I am always slightly amazed when someone answers a post of mine, I feel like I know so much less than you guys and I am not quite worthy of the friendly help.

I have included a picture of my Pollack motorized 6 port valve with the lines colored according to my set-up and my awful squiggly-lined drawing. So yellow (WVO) and purple (diesel) go to brown (IP inlet) and orange (return from banjo fitting on top of fuel filter) splits to Red (diesel return) and Blue (veg return).

As to the wisdom of looping the return instead of returning to the veg tank I am beginning to have my doubts, but it seems that so many people have done this already. RW Thomas, I have read on other sites that the mechanical lift pump on an 84 300SD operates on a cam that lifts off and disengages if the diesel outlet is plugged and their is no demand for fuel. I am sure I have not used the correct terminology for that last sentence, but is this incorrect? Does the mechanical lift pump always pump away even if the fuel has nowhere to go? If I had known this, I probably would not have set up teh conversion in this manner.

Thanks again,

Gilbert
Attached Thumbnails
'84 300SD vegetable oil conversion-6-port-valve-diagram.jpg  

Last edited by gbrebes; 01-22-2005 at 12:54 AM.