View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 06:29 PM
"Da Benzito"

StRaNgEsT LoCk PrObLeM PleAsE HeLp!!

Today my door locks began malfunctioning. This may have been caused by a jarring from the slight accident I was involved in today, when Red Kia slid into the back of me when I was attempting to make a turn. She was only going about 5 mph so, the Benz received absolutely no damage whatsoever, while her car received in excess of 1000 usd in damage. Anyway today I also disconnected by aftermarket alarm to have it repaired, and this is when I noticed the locks were not working correctly. The problem occurs with the driver's side lock. When inside the car I can only unlock or lock the driver side lock and no others, when I pull the lock knob. Also, when I try to lock the doors from the driver's side tumbler, only the driver's side knob goes down. Same thing happens when I try to unlock the doors from the driver's side. The trunk lock still functions properly, allowing me to lock and unlock the doors. I do not like not being able to lock all the doors from the driver's side though so I would like to fix this problem quickly. I am assuming that the problem lies within the driver's side lock actuator or vacuum lines, but do not know one way or another. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Knight Rider521