View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 11:05 AM

Thumbs down I saw and drove the car

I saw and drove the car Sunday. I met with the seller at a place that was about half way between us. It was a very nice car overall but it has some issues with one that I would say is very serious. The car ran hot to the point of nearly overheating. I was surprised that he drove the car to meet us. He even pointed this out when we arrived that the car ran hot. We took it for a drive and got on the freeway and before long the temp gauge started to climb and by the time I got it back to our meeting place it was almost in the red.
Another issue, the oxidizing catalyst appeared original. The A/C did not work and the cruise control surged. Also the car was very slow. Maybe I'm just used to my car being as fast as it is but my wife who also came along did notice that as well. It has numerous dings and even a dent on the passenger fender behind the parking lamp. None appearing to break paint. The car otherwise looked very nice. I'm sure there are better cars out there even with more miles for way less money.
I would not pay the money that this car has reached on ebay now ($7900).

84 300D Turbodiesel 190K with 4 speed manual sold in 03/2012