View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 01:25 PM
Dieseldiehard

Ever seen a long tail boat? I took one up the river Kwai (Thailand) It had a 240D mounted on a pivot, the drive shaft was welded to a long pipe, with a prop at the end, the operator has only a yoke attached to the engine and swings the entire assy one way or the other to direct the boats path, dipping the prop deeper to go fast, a gas (er diesel) can on the floor of the boat and a car battery setting along side for starting. Not the sort of thing you will find in the mainland USofA. There are probably laws against this over here
This contraption that will lay you back as it accelerates the boat to a fast clip and with the exhaust wide open it makes communicating with the passenger in front or in rear of you (single file here!) almost impossible, even if you haven't had a few Singhas. In only seconds this boat is up to skimming the waves and the resulting breeze cools you somewhat fom the sweltering heat and high humidity in that part of the world. Ah yes, I gottta do that one again!
I wonder how many MB engines have found their way into this kind of boat?