View Single Post
Old 01-28-2005, 10:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by willrev
Hey Brian,
I thought they would actually be more than that! That's a deal!
$59.95 for an Bosch H4 lens cover.

Let me ask your honest opinion on the bulbs. Which bulbs would be safe to run on my existing wiring without melting my harness? Could I use the 100/55 bulbs or even the 100/80 bulbs? I don't want to blind anyone, but do want better night vision. Was considering some XENON bulbs.
Reverend, don't get too excited about bulb wattage. It is not linearly related to the amount of light that you put on the road. I have the standard 60/55's and they are fantastic for normal use in the Euro lamps. The difference between the DOT and these is striking. You really should not require any additional light.

If, however, you have frequent jaunts on two lane back roads, at 60 mph or above, then you could "consider" the 80/55's with the additional power on the high beams. However, don't use more than 55w on the low beams because the circuits can't handle it for an extended period of time. If you find that you must do this (for reasons that I cannot fathom), you need to upgrade the vehicle with headlamp relays and a bit of additional wiring direct from the battery.