View Single Post
Old 01-28-2005, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mctwin2kman
Yeah the lambda tower is the base adjustment for idle! Once the gas is pressed and the AFM plate moves down more then the EHA takes over! The EHA also is what makes the Duty Cycle change. For better fuel exonomy you can turn the EHA screw 1/8-1/4 turn Counter Clockwise and then it will lean the whole mixture out as far as I can tell. This would of course also make for a slightly leaner condition at WOT as well from what I understand on how the EHA works. As for Emmissions testing, since that is done at idle in most cases then the Lambda stightly lean would be good as well to correct that. Since if you notice the mixture will en-richen or lean based on the Lambda tower setting. Remember this is the base point for mixture so it will slightly affect the mixture throughout the whole range since the EHA can only do so much.

Edit: If you really want better economy and all then I would go with an EFI setup on there. This gives you much better control and you can setup the Fuel maps however you would like. There was a guy on 190revolution.net forums that was selling the kits complete and with instructions for around $1000 and he even had base maps for the M102 and M103 depending on what you order programmed in. He has a few kits left I believe. Also he has done many of these kits and put a lot of time in them, he is in Europe somewhere and has a shop that deals with EFI and MB and BMW!
You do not understand how the KE-system operates.

The lamda system will correct the mixture back to stoiciometric no matter where the initial mechanical adjustment, unless the adjustment is so far off that the lamda's control authority is exceeded. This occurs under normal operating conditions (except WOT) when the engine is warm, including idle. The idle mixture adjustment has no meaningful effect on the WOT mixture, which is automatically richened. The lamda system is ignored during WOT operation, which is signaled by the TPS.

The amount of correction in the rich or lean condition is expressed by the duty cycle. A 50 percent duty cycle means the initial adjustment is right at stoic. If less, it means the initial adjustment is a bit rich and the lamda spends a bit more time leaning than richening and vice versa if the duty cycle is above 50 percent.

Suggest you reread my previous posts in this thread.

Duke

Last edited by Duke2.6; 01-28-2005 at 05:18 PM.