View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 02:06 PM

What should i tell my mechanic?

I am now living in tallahassee, where as before I lived in Miami and had a very reliable mechanic to handle the odds and ends i didnt know how to care of or was too lazy for. Here in Tallahassee i have been referred to a place by the name of furrin auto to handle my needs and ive taken my car (82 300 sd) to them twice since being here. The first time was to replace my brake booster and to put in 3 glow plugs that went out. After i got it back from them I noticed that the glow plug light would either stay on for a split second or not turn on at all. Now im back there after two months because my car wouldnt start and i need a new ignition switch and they are telling me that all my glow plugs are bad and they dont know whether its the plugs or the relay and consequently wont unless im willing to pay them to fix it. Is something fishy going on here or am i just being paranoid? Why would my glowplug light go out so quickly after they replaced 3 of them, and would this have any effect on my current problem? Could the relay fuse or something of that nature have gone out and be causing me these problems? Any advice would be greatfully appreciated.