View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 05:00 PM

When they do glow plugs, why not do them all? That is unless they were just replaced less than a couple thousand miles ago. Sounds like an effort to drum up more work in the future.

Big deal about the dealerships. I have had the same things happen with independent shops. I don't know why everyone worships them as if they were a god. It takes 3 things to work on cars besides a good mechanic. Tools, information, experience. All things being equal, can the independent say that they have all of them? When you are a "Jack of all Trades" you are a "Master of None". An indie is by defination a master of none for the most part. They have to work on whatever that come thru the door, irrespective.

Soooo, if you have knowledge, you will be fine where you choose to go. If not, an indie will ride you every mile just as well. Even if they don't, I have seen the tools that a MB dealership has to carry and it is quite a bit. I have yet to see too many indies have that many tools. That begs the question of what they do when they need a tool they don't have. Borrow it from an MB dealership? Possible but not probable. Buy it for the 5 cars that need it? doubtful. Probably have to rig up a work around. Is that what I want them to do? Not me. Will they have the latest bulletins? Doubtful. So, what makes them soo good?
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow