View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Gaull
It won't start, today. I bought the Benz in Southern California last August and have kept it back home in Louisiana. But now I have just arrived back at school in Amherst, Massachusetts in JANUARY!! I arrived in the midst of the Blizzard of 2005(in Brooklyn). So, the car was buried and wouldn't start afterwards and I bought a new, big 850 cc battery. Its been starting better and quicker than ever before. But then this morning I go to get it going and the battery sounds close to dead. It won't turn over. Its doing that slow whirring like a crapped out battery would make. BUt that doesn't make sense because this battery is BRAND new and HUGE!

I think it is either one of two things: either I have a bad starter or something is draining my battery. I know that it isn't the alternator because I had it replaced in December before leaving New Orleans. Honestly, I wouldn't know what a bad starter would sound or feel like. No idea. On the other hand, a friend and I installed a cd player ourselves before right before i came up and there is a chance that it could be sapping power but I don't think so. We did everything by the book. The only other thing is that even without the key being in the ignition, i can hear what sounds like the battery humming or power cycling someplace (not the stereo or the ventilation), someplace that I have no earthly idea where it is!
I'M GOING CRAZY TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT! I PRAY FOR SOME KNOWLEDGEABLE GUIDANCE! HELP!
Sounds to me like something is sapping your power. Try pulling one fuse at a time until the whirring sounds you described stops. That might tell you what's running with the key off, and would be my first thing to check.

Good luck,

Chris
1974 Triumph TR6
1999 Saab 9-5 wagon (wife's)