Thread: PLC in an MB
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2005, 09:18 PM
I miss my MBZ

I wish I could quote you payscales- I have 6y navy operating reactors (electronic technician) and will soon have a BS in "Mechanical Engineering technology"-
supposedly- last year the graduates from my program made between 28k and 65k(!) a year starting- except I know the guy who made 65k, he worked and knew some people and his sh** didnt stink so GE accepted him into their 'fast track to engineering management' program. My buddy w/ similar navy exp but no college is making $30k in BFE ohio... I'm not sure I want a career in PLC's, but to a 'soon to be college graduate', any job offer has appeal...

(we use RSlogix in our classes, simulating an AB SLC500)

Oh, is this disel discussion, sorry =)

I saw a guy who did a tachometer for his diesel jetta a while back, that sounded kinda cool but not cutting a hole in his timing belt cover.
My 240D (has EGR) does have an RPM pickup on the crank, I've just never compared its output to the output of the 300D tach input, if they were the same/similar (different wires/connector, but thats easy enough to fix...) then I could install a factory tach on my 240D, I'd miss being able to easily count minutes on my clock though =)

-John
(insert Mercedes here)

Husband, Father, sometimes friend =)