View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawoSD
I must be crazy, when I see water that deep I speed up and blast through it Deepest yet was in the rich side of the city, it was in a swampy area (near a lake, real low elevation) and the road was flooded from all the rain, I'd estimate the water was maybe 1 foot deep or so, I was being followed by some person in an SUV, I took the water around 25-30mph it was spraying everywhere.....the suv person was going through at about 3mph....he must have thought I was insane......which I probably am.
You are insane. Seriously. In 2001 here in Tallahassee a FSU student drove his car through a deep puddle. His car started floating and was sucked into a drainage culvert that runs under the FSU campus. A police officer who was standing there directing people to not go through the water was able to pull his girlfriend from the car when it temporarily got caught on the fence surrounding the culvert entrance. They both got to watch as the man and car dropped into the culvert and then the man finally get free and get sucked into the pipes. They found him 2 miles or so downstream. Obviously dead.

I'm not a certified mechanic, but I did stay at a HolidayInn Express last night.