View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricdeBoer
Last Friday night on my way home in my 76 300d I got of the 15 freeway and hit a rather large bump. That bump was a fallen light pole that spanned the whole off ramp. I pulled over to examine my wheels. There was virtually no damage whatsoever. About 12 people ran over the same pole after me and everyone of them blew at least two of their tires and completely f-ed up their rims.
We pulled the pole out of the road and waited for the cops. WHen they finally arrived they told us that california state code states that an object that large is the responsibiliy of the drive and hence all repairs were the responsibility of the driver. I didn't care but it sucked for everyone else.
It didn't even screw up my alignment. Of course then agian, it is probably just because my shocks are complete crap and let the wheels bounce up fast enough to avoid damage.
Obviously, those cops bulls***ed everyone. They should file a claim against the state regardless of what some cop said, but they need to do it, I doubt the state will just offer it. I know Connecticut was responsible (and paid) when the Mianus river bridge fell in. Talk about a large road hazard - the total, sudden absence of the road!

"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement."

listen, look, .........and duck.