View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 11:12 AM
"The Wizard of Oz"

Lightbulb Anyone want to find a couple of "good" OM617 Turbo diesels, crate & freight to Oz?

In Australia, the W123 300D never came out with a turbo. The only OM617 turbo engines I have found are in the Gwagon 4WD vehicles and these are as rare as hens teeth here.
While I am amazed with the "Cast Iron" engine and it's ability to run on almost anything, I feel that it would benefit from a few additional horses under the bonnet.
I would like to import a couple of used OM617 turbo engines, complete (including exhaust downpipe, air cleaner, turbo etc) to install into our 300Ds.
What I need is someone from the Forum who has the time to source the engines, do some checks to verify the engine condition, have the engines crated for transport and arrange shipping to me in Oz.
As I do not have any contacts in the USA, outside this Forum, I would be relying on the Forum member to do their best on my behalf.

Are good, low mileage (<150 000mile), late model (1983 on) OM617 Turbo diesel engines available?

Is anyone able to assist me?
To facilitate payment, I could pay by Paypal, or I could arrange a personal cheque to be sent to the Forum member.

Tony
Elizabeth '81 280E, sporting a '79 300D engine.
Lucille '87 W124 300D non-turbo 6 cylinder OM603, Pearl Grey with light grey interior

Various parts cars including 280E, 230C & 300D in various states of disassembly.