View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 05:06 PM

Can anyone verify this recollection

Hi All. Bought an '82 300D(T) in late January w/ 140K. Sweet car - though a few quirks after sitting for a year. Just had all the fluids and filters changed (didn't have time to putz with it this week and I want to drive the car!!). This morning was spent replacing the hood pad and tomorrow I hope to tackle the "dreaded" vacuum system (already downloaded a bunch-o-tech-stuff and ran some checks, so I know what door actuators and/or lines are problematic and now have spare parts on-hand).

I've spent a few hours going over various topics on this forum and I have to say that I really appreciate the straight-forward "family style" of the crowd here.

Here's the recollection I'd like corroborated: During the couple months I spent educating myself and shopping for a solid diesel Benz, I ran across a statement (don't recall where) that MBZ will provide minor road service (a bit of fuel - jump - etc) to Benz owners (regardless of the ownership history). Is this true or another urban legend?

Thanks for all you folks do to keep these incredible 123s & 124s on the road. I have little doubt this car will be the first among a cluster magnetized to this ole engineer.