View Single Post
Old 02-06-2005, 01:31 AM
"The Wizard of Oz"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcsc
This wouldn't require us to give you our bank account information, travel overseas to complete the transaction, provide blank letterhead forms, and provide up-front or advance fees for various taxes, attorney fees, transaction fees, etc.. would it?
I hope not, I don't want to get tied up in all that BS.
I am just looking for an easy (read cheap) way of importing an OM617 Turbo engine and front pipe.

83-240D,
Thanks for the offer, I will watch for the information from your other half, please express my thanks to her for the information.

Palangi,
I don't know, only one way to find out I suppose :p

Benzcrusher,
I can buy a large diameter exhaust here in Oz. All 300Ds here have the oil cooler. Radiator and expansion tank - not necessary, aftermarket radiator expansion tanks are available here in Oz and I have retrofitted to our 300Ds

722.3 trannies... Is there a problem using the non-turbo trannie with the turbo engine?

Brian Carlton,
That is an innovative idea. It possibly could be licensed in Oz as a LHD vehicle as are some Mustangs etc - If they are >15 year old, IIRC.

Thanks to all who have posted, I am investigating the propane options as well, I will keep you all informed.
Tony