View Single Post
Old 02-07-2005, 05:30 PM
Achieving Salvation

Advice on impending '95 E300D ...

Car in question: 1995 E300D

Hello friends -

I sent a deposit check today for a '95 E300D. Seems like a pretty nice car. One owner with all of its service records. It was serviced at one dealership its whole life, so I gave them the VIN number and we briefly discussed some of its service history. I will call and speak with an advisor tomorrow. But briefly, this is what I know:

1. Car had head work done at ~135k. I'm guessing this was the head gasket. Common at this mileage?

2. The rep. told me that the owner had declined several A/C repairs. I'm worried that this might be the dreaded W124 evaporator problem. Thoughts?

3. Rep. also indicated that the blower motor was on its last legs - don't know if that was replaced or not. A big deal ... how much $$$$ ?

4. The rep. did not indicate that any suspension work had been done on the car. At 139k, what can I expect suspension-wise? Am I OK for awhile yet, or will shocks and struts need attention soon?

Other than that, it looks like a great car. The dealer is asking $8,950 for it.

I will get more information tomorrow on the head work and the refused A/C repairs, but as we stand now, what are your thoughts?

Also, what is the maintenance interval for these vehicles? Oil changes every 7.5k, and major service schedules every 15k??

Thanks in advance for the help!

-Michael.