View Single Post
Old 02-07-2005, 09:09 PM
Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WANT '71 280SEL
Also, I am now running Mobil 1 Truck and SUV oil, I switched 2k miles ago and don't intent to replace the filter for another 5k, which means 7k intervals. Without messing with oil analasys, am I alright doing as I am now? The car doesn't have an oil cooler so it only took 8 qts. thus also less of the old oil mixing in. What do you think?

Thanks Again
David
Thats a loaded queston that no one can really answer. You should be ok is the best I can say. But getting the oil tested say at 3k then at 6k is a very good idea. For $30 a test you will know for sure exactly how long you can go. Also it will red flag any problems, it cought coolant burning off in Brian C's oil. I recomend getting the oil tested on any engine if you want to go longer then 5k miles.

Also gsxr I think was saying that the bottom cover can be taken off the IP while it is on the engine. I think it can, it is the only thing leaking on my engine.

PM gsxr he really knows his stuff, or Sixto but I havn't seen Sixto around lately.

Their is a big bolt in the center of the fan that has to come out. Slide the plastic guard back and stick an 8mm allen wrench in the head of the bolt. Kind of a pain but I after you do it a few times it is simple.
2007 Tiara 3200