View Single Post
Old 04-15-2001, 12:08 PM
I currently own a 98 VW Jetta TDI (with 170,000 miles), a 91 Cadillac Seville, and a 91 Cadillac Deville. Since it's hard to beat the characteristics of a diesel and I do a LOT of driving, I am in the process of selling the Cad's and want to replace them with a nice MB diesel. I believe the one featured in the following link may be a good one...

I've communicated back and forth with the seller. He says the car is a one owner, has full service records, 162,800 miles, everything works, paint is original and in excellent shape, interior is fine, the trap oxidizer was removed, has never been overheated and all vacuum lines replaced.

I have a friend who referred me to this site for some good information, which I have found invaluable. My questions are as follows:

1. What would a fair price be? It has now exceeded my max bid and I don't want to pay too much. $10.5k? $12k?

2. Keeping in mind, I will be buying it sight unseen, what are some additional questions I can ask?

3. Other than the Trap Ox, head gaskets, and steering, what else are the problem areas of this model?

If this one get away, does anyone know of a similar car out there that is in nice shape. I don't mind paying more for a solid car. Also, I like the updated look of the 86 and 87 SDL's, but if they are more problematic, I would be willing to purchase a nice 83-85 SD.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Lance Allison
98 VW Jetta TDI, 170,000 miles
2-91 Cadillacs