Thread: Hi... new here
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2001, 12:21 PM

Hello everyone. My name is Manny.
I'm new to the forum. I've been hanging around just monitoring the board for a couple of weeks now. I own a 94 MB C280 and it's a pretty high maintenance car. if anyone could help? please? here's a summary of some things:
1. The SRS airbag light is on. Since the car is nearing 8 years old, do the airbags need to be replaced already?
2. The car seems to have problems with the gas areas. We have replaced the EGR valve 4 times since brand new. 2x gas pumps replaced.. once, starter replaced.... the idle is rough too...how do we get this to purr like new?
3. the glove compartment is stuck... sounded like something snapped... now it doesnt open. can it be opened without damage?
4. Recirculator is stuck... shop is asking for $1500 to replace the thing that opens and closes the recirculator... part is only less than $100 but they say the job is pretty laborious because the whole dash has to come off... any recommendations on this? This affects our Central locking system... apparently the whole system is controlled by some vacuum presure module in the back and the recirc thing is leaking and the vacuum module is constantly pumping.

ok.. i think this is enough for now... I have a lot more questions.. but it is much more for changing the look and performance of the car. Thanks in advance!!!

~manny