Thread: Cruise control
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2001, 07:39 AM
Gilly's Avatar
Gilly Gilly is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Evansville WI
Posts: 9,616
No, the bushing they are referring to usually means one of the plastic pieces on the linkage. BIG price difference, too. On the 300SE your are referring to, this is a 126 chassis? The 126 has had occasional problems with the bushings on the longitudinal rod that attaches at the firewall and engine. If this is the problem, it would be wise to replace the bushings on both ends of it, not just one side. The labor would be the same, it all has to come apart to do just one. Not too unusual that it needs to be ordered out, I doubt if our dealership stocks it, but we are a small dealership.......Gilly
Reply With Quote