View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braverichard
I have considered the dual tank system many, many times. However I can't justify the cost: $800 for the kit and $1,000 for the installation from greasel.com, located in MO about 7 hours away from me. Include the cost of driving down there and staying in a hotel and I've got $2,000 into the car.

The system of just putting the WVO in my diesel tank sounds good, but I can only do that in the summer or else the WVO would just freeze up in the winter. I know that I need to obtain several filtration products to get rid of food particles and water from the oil prior to putting it in the tank (same would apply if I got the dual tank system) and I can't quite seem to get the time to research all that information. If I could get a website that lists the entire procedure as well as all the parts required, then I'd get on with the project.
Braverichard-I have researched a few sites and it looks like you could purchase all the parts locally and put your own system together much much cheaper. A guy selling a MB conversion on eBay a few months back did just that-he bought his first set-up from greasel, then copied their system on his next conversion. He related to me that the parts did not run over $200. Best-satsifaction that NOT ONE DIME is going to the Feds. That has to be WORTH somrthing.