Thread: 603 ponderings
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2005, 06:48 PM
BusyBenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhef
I'm still learning after graduating to a 603 last year. put a boost gauge on it this week and noticed im only getting 6psi. Although when The car is still in its warming up phase it gets 10psi. what gives? what controlls it on this thing? anything to do with that air sensor under the filter housing?
I would check and see if the waste gate is opening and closing properly. Also you should check your Alda and switchover. A clogged vacuum hose from intake manifold to switchover can be blocked. Stick a pin in the hose barb that go's into the intake manifold and make sure it's open too.

There are numerous threads and posts on this very subject with far more info than I've just briefly mentioned. Having more pressure when cold, and less after warm up, I've never tried to measure boost on a cold engine to witness this change! Maybe it's normal to do that, and then again maybe not! But it doesn't nessessarily mean something is wrong. But 6 psi is off for sure and should be around 12. Could be the Alda too! If it is not enrichening fuel, boost will not be made. BB