View Single Post
Old 02-24-2005, 02:33 PM
This space for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatterasguy
The self leveling rear suspension was standard on the 560 and supposidly you could get it on other models. But every 420 and 300 SEL I have ever seen has had shocks in back.

$18k is a lot for a W126 but if I was going to buy another that would be the condition I would be looking for.

Snibble just got a 1990 560SEL with 67k miles on it, and in just as good of shape, for around $10k or maybe less if I remember correctly. He didn't say exactly what he paid.
The 560 I picked up has 63k miles and paid under $10k after negotiating, but will be a little over that once you factor taxes, shipping and having the car professionally detailed before arrival. I don't know if this was a "steal" or not, but it was a tough 6 months finding a car like this. I don't know what a car like mine would sell on ebay for as the ones that were close to it were always pulled off ebay early. Ironically, the car is in a color I never heard of called pearl grey #122. Seems that mostly w124's where in this color.

This is the first time I heard of a US spec car other than a 560 having self leveling system. The self leveling system is an option on most cars outside the US market. The 350 is a very nice car... but I believe that the 560 is a much better car due to its engine and power. Other than that.. the 350 is like the 560 of diesels. Glad to hear these cars (w126's) in pristine low-mile shape go for high amounts. Makes those who have them feel special.

Last edited by Snibble; 02-24-2005 at 02:42 PM.