View Single Post
Old 02-28-2005, 10:26 PM

Talking

nope i have the same control unit. Infact, today I opened it apart. It doesn't seem that complicated as far as its internal parts. Everything seemed ok except for one clogged up chamber, in which I used some Berryman brake cleaner to clean away. Also the diaphragm looks ok, it's a little wrinkled up though.

I put everything back together as normal. All shaft seals and small gaskets and diaphragm. I have the feeling that the EGH valve on it is messed up. It leaks gas only seconds after I crank the engine.

I'll go ahead and try to put fuel down the air chamber. Is that any dangerous? I don't want it to backfire again in my face like it did a while back. What will the fuel do when I pour it down the chamber?

As far as the fuel pump. I think its working because I unhooked the line that comes from the Fuel Pump to the Fuel Distributor and turned the key (not cranking the engine, only turned it until I heard the fuel pump pumping fuel). It shot out fuel from that line. I guess its ok, right? Is there some other and more accurate way I can test the pump, or do you think its fine?

I don't know, but that EHG Valve is really getting to me. But then again, I dont really think that might be the problem because when I had the other used fuel head, the EHG didnt even leak at all, and still, the car would not crank unless I slightly pushed down on the air flap. And even with that, the engine would die about 7 seconds after it was running. The third time, it resulted in backfire through the air chamber...

Lemmie know what u think...

PS: Is there anyway to bypass the cold start valve? Do you think this may be a factor in why my car doesn't start?

In Trance We Trust...

www.tranceaddict.com

Yours Truly,
DJ Cee

Last edited by architect1803; 02-28-2005 at 11:09 PM.