View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 10:12 AM
Sword of Damocles

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect1803
well it back fired through the air chamber, not the muffler (tailpipe). I didnt see any fire popping out, but a sudden burst of air i think it was that popped out like a shotgun from that air chamber. This also happened when I pushed the air flap down, NOT USING FUEL. I bet if I ran the test using fuel I'd blow to pieces, along with the car. LOL..

dj cee

ps: what in the world is KOEO???
Okay....Begining to sound like plug wires crossed. Back fire out of intake is, as I said before, jumped time = cam retarded...or = crossed wires.

As the ignition rotor is run by the end of ther cam, this will index incorrectly if cam retarded too.

Chain tensioner will be slack when cranking, from extended sitting time and a little chain slack will allow cam to skip position. It has a ratchet action to stop the plunger from slackening off but a back fire will sometimes push it back if it is the origonal tensioner.

The chain can be reset by slackening the tensioner on the side of the head....big socket head set screw, and if required, removing cam sprocket.

The next job is to roll in a new cam chain, if this is the case, to prevent it from slipping a lot and bending the intake valves.

Check plug wire routing from cap to spark plugs.

The KOEO is a short hand for = Key On, Engine Off.
KOER is = Key On, Engine Running.
Sorry...used to short handing to save time.

The air flap will pop up as back fire reaches it. Has built in ability to absorb this.

"A liberal is someone who feels they owe a great debt to their fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money."