View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 11:11 AM

My error in judgment

Quote:
Originally Posted by engatwork
What is "no cops" supposed to mean?
I deleted the two words "no cops" from my post. It was an unnecessary statement that added nothing to the subject at hand. I refuse to be a willing spreader of hate. My bad.

Although the inclusion of that statement was an error in judgment on my part, it remains true that he and the owner of the shop where I work do not service anyone who works for or has retired from law enforcement.

The body shop owner's twenty eight year old unarmed cousin was murdered on his own front porch. Shot sixteen times. It was witnessed by his two children and his wife. The court ruled that the cops were in fear of their lives by a man clad only in a pair of gym shorts. He remains dead.

My shop owner went through the mill while he lived in Texas. His land and his family's possessions were taken under forfeiture laws because his neighbor, a Texas ranger, found marijuana growing in his garden. He lived in a 24 foot box van with his wife and three children for two years before the court found that the "marijuana" was actually a mulberry bush.

I have my reasons also but their justification has no place here on the best damn Mercedes board there is.

If you ask some of our members, by posting on the open discussion board, about their experiences with law enforcement you will probably get more than an earful.