View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 07:01 AM

Jason...

have PM'd you but didn't get an answer. was wondering how your 240 was running. just about ready to make my first batch of BD. how much is the B20 at ERO? i haven't bought any there in a while. DinoDiesel in Belen is $2.19; $2.13 in Lost Lunas. My son said it's $2.20 in Socorro.
Back on subject, I used to use Power Service when i was a truck driver (another life; glad i survived) and it worked good to keep the fuel from jelling. had to use unleaded gas once in Colorado when it was -25F. Some guys said Power Service was just automatic tranny fluid. don't know myself. a lot of guys would put a quart of tranny fluid in a tank (ie 150 gal) at fill up. my friend that is still in the business uses some kind of red stuff. we couldn't find it a couple weeks ago at Love's or Flyin J. he insisted i put it in my car due to the rough idle. i tried Marvel Mystery Oil with no change in idle. think i have a timing problem and need to check it.
anyway, if you just want to lower the cloud point use a gallon or so of kerosene. that's probably what i will due with the biodiesel when it's cold. i can get it for $1.28 (well, last month) . guess you got all you need to know about cetane rating.
later,
roberto
91 Jetta Diesel 250k miles (80miles/day)
82 Toyota Diesel pickup 150k miles; out of service for a little while with a valve problem.
All on BelenBioDiesel
Past diesels:
01 Golf TDI
81 Isuzu P/U
85 Jetta
89 KW 425 cat
85 Pete 400 cat (currently still running the west coast with over 1.5 million miles)
81 KW 400 Cummins
77 Freightliner CO ???? Cummins (Buttercup)
57 180D lots of miles(gone but not forgotten)