View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 09:30 PM

After Diesel purge, and injector return line...

So I've adjusted the valves and it starts much better but still lots of smoke. Almost every valve was tight.

I bought diesel purge and ran it, there was no smoke the whole time while the engine was running on the diesel purge, but the smoke returned at the same levels as soon as soon as I started pulling fuel from the tank again. I HAD RUN various oils before, but it's been I'd say 4 or 5 full tanks of #2 since I've done that and I drove it to las vegas from san francisco with no problems. Is there a chance that the fuel I got in souther CA isn't good for up here in Boulder? Or will it just not smoke at all when diesel purge is going through it? This is a little confusing. Also, the "dead end" return line from my #4 injector was squirting while I was priming the system and it appears to leak while running. The smoke I'm getting LOOKS like oil smoke, but it doesn't make a lick o' sense that it would GO AWAY while the purge was running...can I get some help here? I'm getting a whitish/blue smoke. There is no oil/diesel in the coolant and when I adjusted the valves there was no coolant in the head, and the system doesn't pressurize until it is warm i.e. probably not a head gasket problem. I get a lot of blowby but I've been driving a lot lately and I'm really not losing much oil. The car runs well except for the smoke. Any help? Again, I'm sorry if I'm being vague and I'm sorry if this has been covered. I know smoke has often been covered so I was thinking leaky injector or something, but could just bad diesel cause whitish smoke? I dunno. TIA.
-Nate

p.s. it's saturday night...I'm a little tipsy so please forgive poor typing or rambling.