View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 09:08 AM
Stella!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeph8
what kind of sound do they make? is it a humming sound that changes pitch when you accelerate or let off the gas?
The sound is a 'snapping', 'popping' or 'clicking' which happens at the same frequency as the rotation of the wheel. It can be faint or quite loud. Sometimes the noise can be silenced by reducing power and allowing slack in the driveline, by making a sharp turn or by backing up for a short distance.

Quote:
What was the worry? To the best of my knowledge isn't OKC north of Austin. Look at any road map. All you had to do was put the car in neutral and coast home. Duh! I assumed that is why I always come back to Corpus from Austin and SA faster than I go there.
Har, har!!! To me, traveling towards OKC always seemed faster; I always just assumed it was because OKC sucked so bad.

But, I will say somethings in defense of OKC:
1) OKC=good steaks, cheap
2) The place has a decent highway system, OKCs idea of rush hour gridlock is 6 cars...all with sight of each other.
3) When you return to OKC and go to your favorite restaurant, it is still there and, still has the same name.
3) Did I mention good steaks that are cheap?
4) Big Steve's Tools on Rte 66 - far better than Harbor Freight and home owned too.
5) Charcoal Oven has great burgers!