View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Senior Benz fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by biobill
I recently purchased a 2002 Camry for my Wife and discovered that the brake pedal goes almost down to the floor when I step on the brake. The car stops just fine but the pedal just keeps on going down. The dealer has had it in a number of times now and the insist there is nothing wrong but are unable or unwilling to explain to me why the brakes are so different than what I am used to. I have a rather solid knowledge of how a basic power brake system works, the car does not have anti lock brakes and so I am left wondering what causes the excessive pedal travel? Does anyone know what is different with the Camry brake system that causes the brake pedal to continue moving after the brakes are applied?
Thats the definate sign of a leaking master Cylinder......if under light pressure you can feel it eventually sink to its stop on the floor I would find another dealer becasue this one is taking you for a ride.
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche