View Single Post
Old 03-15-2005, 12:41 PM

Seat Repair Book

I have this book and would guess it covers everything. It is available from
http://www.**************.com/ .

Mercedes Seat Repair and Restoration
Item # MRG-GENSRR

MRG-GENSRR - This repair manual is applicable to all Mercedes models from the 1960s up to the later 1980’s.
Is your driver’s seat starting to sag more than it use to? Are you finding it is just not comfortable any more on long trips? Maybe it tips to one side and you are constantly trying to compensate your weight to other side. This manual will show you how you can remove and repair the seat yourself using original Mercedes used parts. It covers removal from the car, disassembly, upholstery removal and replacement, seat spring and pad removal and replacement, repair and lubrication of your seat tracks, reassembly, and installation back into your car. It is not a guide on how to sew new upholstery. It also addresses seat handle replacement, re-coloring, removing a power seat that won’t move by electrical power, quick repairs to sagging seats, back seat removal and installation and special notes to SL owners. I share with you my “little secret” on how to get the very best driver’s seat possible at the lowest price. I have seen so many really bad repairs come in from various upholstery shops, that I would recommend you consider fixing it yourself so you will get the lasting results you want.
'97 Ford Taurus Wagon 225,000 miles Intense Black "Batmobile"
'91 560 SEC Ice Blue Metallic "Big Benz"
'84 380 SL Astral Silver "Pretty Girl"
MBCA member
Chance favors the prepared mind.