Thread: W123 audio
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 08:20 AM

this is a pic of the utopia installed. as you can see the door card is bent at the front. the card itself had to be "cracked" only slightly so that it would bend round. there is a spacer under there. i also had to put a small self-tapping screw to hold the doorcard cause my clips are worn and it wouldnt hold. and i'm too lazy to go buy new ones, and i will be replacing the upholstery anyway

hope this helps, dont hesitate to ask any more Qs.

also i ready your other post and i agree with you that you do not need rear speakers unless you really want a LOUD system where you will have ppl looking at your car saying "who is this a-hole?"

as i said before i have the Focal 165W utopias up front and an infinity perfect 12.1 sub inside the cabin, behind the passenger seat.
do not try to put the sub in the boot because it will be hardly audible. as you know there is the gas tank and two layers of sheet metal and also the back seat to isolate the trunk from the cabin. also the rear shelf is metal covered with upholstery so pretty soundproof.
My system is amplified by one Kicker KX600.4 which gives 75w rms on the fronts and 300w on the sub.

i now also got a 2nd hand Focal 27KX sub but i have not yet installed it, i also have to see if i will be replacing the infinity with the focal or add another amp to run both subs.

my head unit is a pioneer p77-mp and i really love this. its got triple 6v pre-outs and burr brown D/As a real gem for any sq enthusiast
Attached Thumbnails
W123 audio-utopia.jpg