View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 09:46 PM
w00t

1982 300D For Sale

I've been dreading this day for a while now, but I can't stall any longer, my 300D is finally going up for sale and I wanted to give you guys first stab at it.

Here's the VIN # before I forget: WDBAB33A5CB009143
It's a 1982 300D Silver exterior, Blue leather interior

I'm the 3rd owner of the car, I bought it Jan 2001 to replace my dead VW Diesel Jetta. It had a few minor problems that I quickly fixed. Along with the car I was handed a giant bundle of reciepts dating back to when the car was new. I've tryed to keep all my reciepts in that bundle, and for the most part I have (I didn't keep reciepts for oil filters and other minor things).

I've spent $4000 on various parts to get the car back into top shape mechanically and I'd like to think that it shows.

Here's a highlight of the work I've done:

New Pioneer CD Player and speakers (still have the original Becker radio)
New exhaust (downpipe was broken when I bought the car)
all new shocks
new rotors, calipers, pads
Turbo rebuilt by Forced Performance in McKinney
Front end rebuilt (except for the track rod joints, more on that in a sec)
New Radiator
H4 headlamps
replaced the half-shafts (1 boot was gone when I bought the car)

I still have quite a few parts that I'm passing along with the car:

Track rod joints
5 glow plugs (never had a need to replace them)
1 injector (dealer only had 1, never got around to getting the other 4)
bearings
rear springs
various MB fluids, greases, cleaners

Problems with the car:

Leaks oil - from where, I don't know, I've tryed to find the source and finally just accepted it and top of the oil every once and a while

Track rod joints need to be replaced : Spring Compressor Doesn't fit???

The heater only blows through the defroster vents. I had to pull that line to stop a vaccum leak that was effecting the rest of the car.

The back glass defroster doesn't work, it's the fault of the glass, not the switch

Back right window doesn't roll up or down. Been like that since I got the car.

The paint is worn out and the seats could use seat covers (has a few tears on the bottom bolsters), no rust though.

The car sat for 16 months (Nov 03 - Mar 05) since I was deployed to Iraq. My parents drove it occasionally and even changed the oil for good measure. Since returning I bought a new car because I need to have very reliable transportation. I also don't have the time anymore to keep the car on the road, most of my time now is spent towards getting my Electrical Engineering Degree.

I'm asking for $1700 obo. I think it'd be easier to sell it to some one locally (half-day's drive at most), although I have no problems figuring out how to get the car to you if you live further out. Tomorrow I'll be cleaning it up inside and out and will have pictures available upon request.

How's that for a classified ad

1982 300D - Silver/Blue "Ralph" -For Sale:
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/mercedes-benz-cars-sale/119226-1982-300d-sale.html#post852260

1989 VW Diesel Jetta Blue/Blue "Bodo" RIP