View Single Post
Old 03-23-2005, 10:01 AM
Biodiesel Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwthomas1
Gotta love the "glass is half empty" crowd on this board.... Given the very small percentages recommended to be added, and the fact that acetone is relatively cheap, additional cost is of very little concern IF the mileage gains are as advertised. Regarding the "damage" the acetone may cause. The answer is, who knows? The anecdotal evidence is promising and no one has offered negative evidence that it will hurt anything. Chemist or not it is possible that no one has tried this combination before in these ratios as fuel for a internal combustion engine. How this particular combination reacts in a cumbustion chamber may be a complete unknown as well. Considering how most of us seem to be concerned about our evaporating natural resources, fuel costs, mpg, etc. that biodiesel and WVO are discussed here regularly I am suprised at the backlash to a idea. Oh well, go back to your "head in the sand, I'm gonna drive old MB's forever (not possible since they will all eventually rust away), NANANANANA! I'm not listening", worlds. I'm gonna try it in the truck and will report findings here. RT
This "half-empty" read the link, and noticed they are talking about GASSERS. Last I heard, diesel engines don't exactly have carburetors or fuel vaporization, or HC emissions issues.
'89 Toyota 4x4, needs 2L-T
'78 280Z with L28ET - 12.86@110
Oil Burner Kartel #35

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...oD/bioclip.jpg