View Single Post
Old 03-23-2005, 11:45 AM
Senior Benz fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by twr
The car seems to be a little bit faster than my other 85 300 SD, I use a ceramic magnet when I place it on the chromed bumper or chromed grill it just feels like it "welds" to it so I know it's good, I run a Carfax Check and a Nada check on the vin, both came with "No data about the car vin number", next stop will be the Dealer, by the way the wheels where on the car they are 255/60/16 I change to 215/50/15 about 2 inches smaller and as soon as the car is out from the paint shop I will try to see if it's faster at take off

There is a lot of play at the steering wheel it's hard to feel if it's lighter but I am very interested in having the car weighted at a truck scale and find the real weight

Thanks for the input on the wheels
I will keep you posted about my finds at the Dealer I hope I can be there this Monday
Well its hard to be certain from the thumbnail and I can't get a larger photo to open.....

I have a set of Ronal R9 rims on my W116 ...and soon to have a set of AMG Penta rims...when they get delivered...
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche