View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 08:55 PM

Your explanation of why the 265 nozzle can be crappier and still work well makes sense, though I don't think an injector can atomize fuel too well (literally). I would say the more atomization from the injector the better regardless of what the dispurser ball in the prechamber expects.

Which vehicles use the 193 nozzle?

About the build quality, I would agree that the Indian 265 nozzles are crap. I ordered 6 of them the other day and the spray pattern was worse than from my German nozzles with over 150K miles on them and the worst thing was the huge variation in friction between the pintle and the nozzle. Some pintles were stuck inside so tight I had to slam the tips of the nozzles on the table to get them out. I returned this junk the next day. BUT, I was quite pleased with the quality of new 240/ nozzles, even the indian ones. They were clearly built to higher standards and most sprayed properly. Of the 9 that I tested, only 2 were less than satisfactory. I have only tested them new though, and I have no results as to how long they last. What kind of problems did you have with the indian nozzles, particularly with the 240/ ones?

Past MB's: '96 E300D, '83 240D, '82 300D, '87 300D, '87 420SEL