View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 12:17 AM
Rogue T Intolerant!!!

Did the seat-back

Well, I crammed the seatback with noodles this afternoon. I opted for the obviously much faster green noodles for the back. Didn't have near as many blood-letting experiences.
This seat was such mush that I may have crammed way too many noodles into it, but only seat-time will tell. You have to try to cram the noodles in such a way as they don't bulge out the sides or ends. If you've done it you know of what I speak. I'll repost back when I reinstall the seat and try it out. It rained all weekend and is quite the quagmire around the wagon now.
Please look at the last picture, as I have stumbled upon a part need. Since I used the seatback from a passenger side seat, the recline adjustment knob is on a different side, under the armrest. No big deal, except on the door side the seat trim piece around the knob area has a hole in it, and is rather unsightly. I actually need one the the left side of seat without hole, and one the the right side of the seat with hole. Navy blue if anyone has a spare. Mint shape is not required as my wagon isn't exactly mint material.
We'll see how the pool noodles-thing goes, and again thanks to those who suggested this fix and also provided pics.
Attached Thumbnails
seat + pool noodles = bloody hands-mb-pics-020.jpg   seat + pool noodles = bloody hands-mb-pics-021.jpg   seat + pool noodles = bloody hands-mb-pics-023.jpg  

Gone:
'95 E300 188K "Batmobile" Texas Unfriendly Black
'85 300TD 235K "The Wagon" Texas Friendly White
'80 240D 154K "China" Scar engine installed
'81 300TD 240K "Smash"
'80 240D 230K "The Squash"
'81 240D 293K"Scar" Rear ended harder than Elton John

Last edited by JimmyL; 03-28-2005 at 12:25 AM.