View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 08:53 PM
mattdave

Ok here is what we found

I talked my son into taking me there I can’t drive because the pain medicine I am on the car was gone. But we saw an old school Mercedes in the middle of the yard it was a 250 good so far door plate dated it march 1970 interior was totally stripped looked like it had been there a long time. Tried to open hood wont open looked under car yep engine is there but the hood release cable has been cut about 1 inch sticking out. Hit grill with hammer it did not break it is real metal pretty cool. Cut hole in grill reach in with vice grips pull release cable cut crap out of hands pop it opens. Air cleaner has not even been removed. Later find out half off this week end assume some one wants engine. For sure got the linkage we got 2 of them. At the rear of the rear carb the only thing that looks like it could be a vacuum pot has no vacuum line to it just one wire. On the front side of the rear carb is the only thing that looks like a pot and it has a vacuum line to it. I will have my son matt post a picture of it shortly but like I said it is an expensive yard cost 11.95 but they will take it back if it is the wrong part. I think matt goes by MJsid I will get him to post picture as soon as he can. I hope it is what you’re after.
Dave S