View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 10:19 PM

Angry Radio problems again

I'll try to make this as clear as possible. I HAD a pristine 93 190E with 50K miles. It was totalled by a sideswipe from a semi. I purchased a nice body 92 190E and swapped the engine/tranny and all is well. Now I'm working on the creature comforts. The 92 had an aftermarket radio tuner (Kenwood) head installed which did not work when I bought it - the faceplate was missing. I wanted to keep it OEM, so I pulled the console, restored the wiring back to original including the original console fader, and installed the Alpine head from my 93, which was working fine previously. I know the wiring is correct, have done all the continuity checks, but still have two problems. 1: no audio - right side, and 2: power antenna does not work at all. Since the head was fine in my 93 (everything worked correctly, and I'm positive I have the wiring back to OEM with no errors, the only difference I haven't checked yet is the amp in the trunk. I thought the amp was for the door woofers only, and have not swapped this out yet. Can the amp cause my two problems?? Oh, and I have also swapped out the rear and dash speakers from the 93 too, which were all working as they should, so I doubt if it's the speakers. Am I missing something? Gilly, you have been spot on in the past with my questions, but this one has me stumped. Thanks; Don