View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 03:31 PM

Unhappy SLK Roof wont open after major body repair

Hi

The picture I have attached is my not so beautiful SLK, I have spent a fortune on restoring it, but I am now stuck with the roof not opening. My mechanic has had a go at sorting out the roof, but it fails to open, I have also tried a car electrician, but no joy, I had it checked by local Mercedes garage and they confirmed that because it was hit, the roof might have been misaligned when the mechanic was repairing. They say the roof might never open again. Please SLKer's Does any one know who can help me overide the sensor so that the roof open or alligned all the joints and carnnies so that it autoamtically works, or is there another system i can install to open this roof. Mercedes are not helping on this... The SLK is no good to me if I cannot have the roof down during summer. I am really in a jam; I bought the car from auction and didn’t know how important the alignment is due to some sensor. I would really be grateful if anyone can save me from the embarrassment of the only slk in this world that the roof doesn’t open.

PS

I have all the pictures before and after its been repaired

Cheers